Each year, a new call for proposals for CEF Transport is published. The next call will probably open in September 2022.
CEF TRANSPORT IN BRIEF
CEF Transport, which is part of the Connecting Europe Facility (CEF), is a financing instrument that supports the improvement and strengthening of the Trans-European Network for Transport (TEN-T).
By means of CEF Transport, the European Commission is building the core and comprehensive transport networks for goods and passengers in Europe. It is intended to connect all of the major hubs, transshipment terminals, ports, airports and cities. There is an increased focus on sustainable, safe and smart transport of goods and passengers.
CEF Transport themes
- Providing solutions for missing links in the transport network
- Removing existing infrastructural bottlenecks
- Improving the connections between the railroad networks and transport services of member countries
- Improving cross-border infrastructure
- Improving the sustainability and efficiency of transport systems
- Making the switch to innovative, low-carbon, energy-efficient transport technologies
- Government (national, provinces, municipalities)
- Enterprises (port authorities, industrial, logistics and service-providing companies)
- Studies or study projects with pilot activities
- Implementation projects
- Implementation projects for military mobility (dual use)
Grant budget and amounts
From 2021 to 2027, CEF Transport has more than 25.8 billion euros available to support European projects.
The grant amounts are as follows:
- Studies or study projects with pilot activities: up to 50% of project costs
- Implementation projects: up to 30 to 50% of project costs
- Implementation projects for military mobility (dual use): up to 50% of project costs
TERMS OF ELIGIBILITY
There are a number of terms of eligibility associated with this grant scheme, including the following:
- To qualify for financial support from CEF Transport, your project must be designated as a project of common interest (PCI).
- A project is only eligible for CEF Transport if it has been approved by the countries in which the implementers of the project are located.
SPECIFICALLY: CEF TRANSPORT AFIF
The Alternative Fuels Infrastructure Facility (AFIF), part of CEF Transport, focuses specifically on innovation and improvements in the European alternative fuels infrastructure. AFIF’s rolling call for proposals will remain in force until 2023, as long as budget remains available.
HOW CAN EGEN MAKE A DIFFERENCE FOR YOU?
If you have ideas for a project that is a match for one of the CEF Transport themes, please tell us about them. We have already handled several successful CEF Transport grant applications and would be happy to help you too!
WANT TO KNOW MORE?
How can we help you? Contact us or send us a message for a swift reply.